National Women’s Health Week coincides with Mother’s Day as a reminder of the importance of women’s health. So if you are a woman or know a woman in your life, take the steps necessary to practice a healthier lifestyle.
Easy steps to take for better health:
- Schedule your well-woman visit and preventive screenings. Think of it as a gift to yourself.
- Get active. Need ideas? Here are a few.
- Eat healthy. Check out our nutrition-approved recipes for ideas.
- Improve your mental health including getting enough sleep and managing stress. Treat yourself to a massage or time to do your favorite activity.
- Avoid bad habits such as smoking, texting while driving, not wearing a seat belt or bicycle helmet.
So, what will you do this month to improve your health? Find out what screenings exams and tests women need.