Looking for a quick recipe? Try this easy and healthy recipe. You can enjoy it for breakfast, as a snack or light meal. Additionally, avocados provide healthy fats.
- 2 small, ripe avocados
- 1 lime – juice and zest
- Dash of black pepper, to taste
- 2 thinly-sliced small radishes)
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- Dash of Kosher salt, to taste
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 2 slice(s) of 100% whole-wheat bread, ¾ inch thick
- Mash avocados and lime juice with fork.
- Grate lime zest into avocado mixture, carefully avoiding white pith.
- Slice and toast bread.
- Spread avocado puree on top of toasted bread.
- Transfer to serving dish.
- Garnish with radish slices. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil and serve.
If you’re looking for a heartier meal, you can top it off with an egg — hard-boiled, poached, sunny side up. Also, you can substitute the radishes with thinly sliced jicama.
For the full recipe and nutrition facts, visit The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center @TheTable.